Municipal Election Information

Official Election Results - March 1, 2016

Official Election Results(PDF)

Election Dates

Municipal Elections are held on the first Tuesday in March on even-numbered years. The next election is March 6, 2018.

Positions Open

Persons shall be elected to fill the following offices (all terms are four years in duration):
  • Mayor
  • Councilor District 3 
  • Councilor District 4
  • Municipal Judge
  • Part-Time Municipal Judge
Become a Poll Worker
Call the City Clerk's office at (505)599-1106 if you are interested in working the polls.  This is a paid position.  You must live within the city limits of Farmington and be registered to vote (some exceptions apply).

Campaign Finance Reports

(Ordinance No. 2013-1265 PDF)
Candidates and special or general purpose political committees shall file campaign contribution reports. Filing dates and forms can be obtained by calling (505)599-1106 or by emailing